Global Juice Feast

Hey everyone, I noticed that raw foods recipes are dime a dozen on the net, but juice recipes, especially juice feasting recipes are pretty rare. So I thought it would help of we started a thread of combos/recipes to use for the feast.

My favorite so far is Celery/Spinach/Parsley/Cucumber/Pear. This combo is particularly cleansing and helps if your GIT is a little backed up since pear juice is a mild laxative. It's also delish! The spinach and one whole cucumber make up the bulk in my mix, and one pear is enough to add a nice sweet flavor. Then 3 sticks of organic celery (I use leaves, bases and all) and 4 sprigs of parsley for the rest.

Post up everyone. Cheers!

Views: 3539

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love this one in the morning ... very refreshing.

Dandelion greens
Grapefruit juice
-- a few drops of organic mint extract to balance the dandelion
-- stevia to taste
I like tomato, celery, parsley and 1/2 hot pepper. It's great for dinner when I can't face another green one. Also I like watermelon and fresh strawberries. for a splurge. Would love it if lots of people contributed to this blog. Thanks GB
Last night I had 1 small grapefruit, 2 large oranges, 1/2 lime and banana - juiced of course. I saw this recipe while surfing ideas yesterday. It was by far the best tasting juice drink on this feast. Plus it is very hydrating!
I don't think your suppose to use bananna's on the juice feast. They don't "juice" on thier own seeing that they don't have a natural water content that same way other fruits and veggies do.
Yea, it doesnt work.
a juiced banana?
Do you use the Vitamix or a juicer. Is it better to use the Vitamix since you get all of the fruit or just the juice by using a juicer?
I made a surprisingly nice one the other day: kale, celery, pineapple, orange, coconut water. I kept my pineapple and orange separate until ready to drink. My daughter drank it as well, willingly :)
How much Kale did you use? It can be quite overpowering. How many oranges and pineapple quantity.
Yesterday it was straight up SWEET POTATO juiced with a generous sprinkle of nutmeg- OUT OF THIS WORLD! But it's a once a week treat for me as I am pretty serious about going mostly green to keep the sugar critters at bay...Bottoms up! xo
yesterday after work i needed a good sugary kick in the butt and made an "Anasazi" - carrot, a couple red peppers and a thai bird chile. the heat was intense but really clean. gorgeous colour too.

i get a lot of my fruity juice ideas from the rebar cookbook - here is a link to a sample of their juices
i really liked sweeet potato and nutmeg. a tasty calorie rich eggnoggy soymilky treat!

RSS

Juice Feasting Introduction

ONE HOUR Kevin Gianni Interview with David Rainoshek, MA on JUICE FEASTING!

Latest Activity

Jeannette updated their profile
Feb 16
Kim Caldwell posted videos
Jan 18, 2013
Cristina posted a photo
Feb 25, 2012
Tuliza posted a status
"On Day 18 and the juice is fine. :)"
Feb 9, 2012
johnny updated their profile
Jan 2, 2012
Lysanne updated their profile
Oct 15, 2011
johnny left a comment for Lady Kim
"Wow,   I just noticed I never wrote back...Pretty rude of me, huh?  I hope you weren't too affected by hurricane Irene...I've been thru a couple in South Florida...How long have u been on the vegan diet?"
Sep 13, 2011
johnny left a comment for Cristina
"I've tried several different date varieties. My favorite so far is one low-sugar dry- type I had in Europe.  It was huge I've never seen another like it, but it cost $22/lb so I only bought a few :) I think I've ordered from…"
Aug 4, 2011
Cristina left a comment for johnny
"I was born in Chicago but have lived in Arizona for most of my life. The best raw food in Arizona are dates. I also lived in Oregon for 3 years where I found the best selection of raw food. Their watermelon is amazing, that's my favorite; just…"
Aug 4, 2011
johnny left a comment for Cristina
"Cristina,      Thanks for the friend request.  Have you always lived in Phoenix? Do you eat lots of melons there? I love melon juices...."
Aug 3, 2011
Tuliza posted a status
"I'm on Day 12 of my Juice Feast and wearing my skinny jeans...YES!!!"
Aug 2, 2011
Tuliza posted a status
"Today is Day 5 of my Juice Feast and I'm already seeing results. Awesome!"
Jul 26, 2011
Tuliza posted a status
"Hi All! I am on Day 3 of the 92-Day global Juice Feast. This will be my 2nd full juice feast since completing 92 days in 2008. YES!!!"
Jul 24, 2011
Tuliza updated their profile
Jul 24, 2011
Melissa mango:RawFoodRenegade updated their profile photo
Jul 10, 2011
Melissa mango:RawFoodRenegade updated their profile
Jul 10, 2011
Kierra posted a blog post

Day 52

Yep its true I've enjoyed another fast. I decided after my initial 92+ days to make this a yearly mind, body spirit resting ritual.Don't know if I will ever go as long or longer but short - mid fasts are definitely now apart of my lifestyle.  The benefits are endless and my intentions in the near future is to completely rest and relax during my fast (no phone, work, completely surrounded only by other fasters in nature etc.)  It's a great time of healing and a lot of emotions, ideas etc arise…See More
Jul 9, 2011
Kierra left a comment for Hasna' Abdulmajid
"Hello! Substitutions are great try celery hearts, cucumber and any greens a variety is best. Tomatoes, bell pepper are a nice addition. Coconut water is tasty as a treat minus the meat. Hope this helps"
Jul 9, 2011
Shy'mon_Kepha posted a blog post

Juice feast July 2011

Day one: July,5 Woke up in the morning doing just water flushing out everything had three bowl movements within the last three hour period. Drinking lots of water and getting my self mentally ready to chew these juices.Made my first juice at 4:30pm green drink Two bunches of Kale Greens, a whole lettuce, 2 small Celery Hearts, 5 small carrots, and coconut water. 8:00pm “Better Dead Red Drink” 5 sweet potatoes, 3 large Juicing Carrots, and a Beet root half of pineapple. Day Two: july,6Woke up…See More
Jul 6, 2011
Carol Buckel is now a member of Global Juice Feast
Jun 2, 2011

Community by:

© 2014   Created by David and Katrina Rainoshek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service