Global Juice Feast

i am curious to hear what method & tool is most preferred to get the juice? i have neither and i have a choice to get one or the other before March 1st.
thanks for filling me in
love

Views: 3054

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great question Brandie!

Here it is from our Juice Feasting Intro on JuiceFeasting.com:

To be clear, you can use either a blender or a juicer to make juice on a Feast, or a combination of the two. Historically, we have used both a juicer and a blender to make juices, and we will cover in detail how each appliance can be used to make great tasting, vibrant juice. What do we want in a juicer? Mainly:

Excellent extraction of juice from produce
Ease of use and cleaning
Enzyme Retention (i.e. juice that lasts after being made)
Affordability

We want this Juice Feast to be effective, and yet as efficient as possible for you. Your easiest way to make juice on a Feast is with a Vitamix, straining the juice from the pulp with a nut mylk bag, so let's start there. You can make all of your juice for the day in about an hour first thing in the morning with a Vitamix, and clean-up takes seconds. Let's look at the Vitamix.

This will be your most useful and used live foods kitchen appliance, without question. We know, it is just a blender, right? It makes smoothies, soups, salad dressings, sorbet, pâtés, and, most important in Juice Feasting, your green vegetable juices for straining through a nut mylk bag (see below).

Most of us do not have much time to make juices. You can make every juice on the Feast using this appliance. You may have a version of the Bass O'Matic seen in the video at right. If you do, please trade that blender in for this. Bass O'Matics and other honorable blenders even found at stores like Target and JC Penny are not going to break open the cell walls of your greens enough to be able to expose the juice inside.

After the Feast, you will want this baby to do the Four Means to Get Your Greens, which you can read more about under Current Projects or on Day 83 of the Program.

Get this blender even if you have to sell your oven and microwave and coffeemaker to get it. We are not kidding.

For more information on blenders, see the VitaMix/BlendTec showdown, and download the Blender File on JuiceFeasting.com

Hope this helps!

With peaceful steps,

David Rain
I was gonna say "not juicer VS. Vita-Mix! It's Juicer AND Vita-Mix!!" I love having both. Truth to tell, though, if I had to have only one I'd take the Vita-Mix, because even though it's more work to strain your juice, you get all of the phytonutrients and other goodies that are lost in many juicers. Because I like to retain some of the fiber for my juice feasting (which makes me a modified juice feaster) I love straining the Vita-Mix smoothie and get a juice that has a little more "body" to it.
Vitamix are still retailing at £500-£600 here (if you double that with the exchange rate, thats the price in dollars)-- is it pointless using another blender to make juice?? Better to stick to the juicer?
We went to the website and called to Vita Mix company. We got a refurbished vita mix complete with all the new stuff and the same warranty. It saved us a lot of money.
Actually, I have a BlendTec (formerly known as K-Tec) blender and absolutely love it. It actually has more power than the Vitamix and is usually slightly lower in price. I have no regrets buying it. It gets used every day whether I'm juicing or not. It's a workhorse at 1500watts. Love it love it.

I totally DISAGREE with the VitaMix/KTec showdown page. That is obviously a VitaMix seller's page to me. That report/advertisement site is also way out of date: Dec 6, 2006. My new BlendTec version is fabulous and has none of the silly nonsense issues mentioned on that site. I LOVE my BlendTec and it does a fabulous job!
I recieved my Blendtec today Iam thrilled. I was going to purchase the VitaMix. I found the the Blendtec is 1500 watts. The Blendtex also has a larger motor.
I'm in the minority as a juicer lover. I have both, and use both, but I don't use the VitaMix for juicing. I have an Omega juicer, and I wouldn't use anything else. There are trade-offs for either choice, and I would never say that one is better than the other. I'm just not into straining nut mylk bags, and I like the way the juice comes out of the juicer better than juice strained from a blender. There are many that say that the VitaMix is quicker, and I would challenge them to a "juice off". Seriously, though, it does sound like more people use the VitaMix, and if majority rules, that's probably your safest bet! Good luck. Tracy
Mark, I have yet to try the Green Star, and it sounds like I need to. I'll check them out after my Omega dies, which should not be any time soon. :)
Just curious if anyone else is having a problem hand cramping while squeezing the juice from the pulp in nut mylk bags? I'm considering purchasing a hydraulic juice presser to save my hands while getting the most juice from my produce.
Donna
I'm not sure if this is a recent thread but I use a Norwalk and it is excellent for juicing - doesn't kill the enzymes, has a hydraulic juice pressor and is a breeze to clean up. I know it is quite expensive but I bought it while doing Gerson Therapy 5 years ago and did 5-6 juices every day for a year and a half. I was also doing coffee enemas and working full time. The Norwalk was a lifesaver. I also use a vitamix for most of the other raw items I've made - nut mylk for example - and have used nut mylk bags to press out the pulp. But when doing a lot of juices at once, the Norwalk really cuts down on time. Sue
Hi Sue,
the Norwalk juicer is my "dream juicer" but unfortunately out of reach financially. I've seen manual hydraulic juice presses for around 330 to be used with a champion, which I've borrowed from a friend. When you were doing the Gerson Therapy were you also using conventional medical treatments or just Gerson?
Donna
Donna,
I was only using Gerson. There was a possibilty I had pancreatic cancer but further tests ruled it out and I was diagnosed with autoimmune atrophic gastritis. In trying to heal, Gerson's approach seemed the most rational. I was doing 6 juices a day for a long time - all this was before I realized there was any kind of "raw" movement or community out there. Gerson Therapy recommends either the Norwalk or the other method you mentioned - using a Champion with a manual hydraulic press. I've moved toward doing juices with a wider variety of ingredients -- looking at Gabriel Cousens recommendations in his books. But juicing can take a lot of time too and anything to make it go quicker has been a huge help to me. Sue

RSS

Juice Feasting Introduction

ONE HOUR Kevin Gianni Interview with David Rainoshek, MA on JUICE FEASTING!

Latest Activity

Furo Green updated their profile
Jul 23, 2015
Caroline J. updated their profile
Oct 12, 2014
Jeannette updated their profile
Feb 16, 2014
Kim Caldwell posted videos
Jan 18, 2013
Cristina posted a photo
Feb 25, 2012
Tuliza posted a status
"On Day 18 and the juice is fine. :)"
Feb 9, 2012
Lysanne updated their profile
Oct 15, 2011
Tuliza posted a status
"I'm on Day 12 of my Juice Feast and wearing my skinny jeans...YES!!!"
Aug 2, 2011
Tuliza posted a status
"Today is Day 5 of my Juice Feast and I'm already seeing results. Awesome!"
Jul 26, 2011
Tuliza posted a status
"Hi All! I am on Day 3 of the 92-Day global Juice Feast. This will be my 2nd full juice feast since completing 92 days in 2008. YES!!!"
Jul 24, 2011
Tuliza updated their profile
Jul 24, 2011
Melissa mango:RawFoodRenegade updated their profile photo
Jul 10, 2011
Melissa mango:RawFoodRenegade updated their profile
Jul 10, 2011
Kierra posted a blog post

Day 52

Yep its true I've enjoyed another fast. I decided after my initial 92+ days to make this a yearly mind, body spirit resting ritual.Don't know if I will ever go as long or longer but short - mid fasts are definitely now apart of my lifestyle.  The benefits are endless and my intentions in the near future is to completely rest and relax during my fast (no phone, work, completely surrounded only by other fasters in nature etc.)  It's a great time of healing and a lot of emotions, ideas etc arise…See More
Jul 9, 2011
Kierra left a comment for Hasna' Abdulmajid
"Hello! Substitutions are great try celery hearts, cucumber and any greens a variety is best. Tomatoes, bell pepper are a nice addition. Coconut water is tasty as a treat minus the meat. Hope this helps"
Jul 9, 2011
Shy'mon_Kepha posted a blog post

Juice feast July 2011

Day one: July,5 Woke up in the morning doing just water flushing out everything had three bowl movements within the last three hour period. Drinking lots of water and getting my self mentally ready to chew these juices.Made my first juice at 4:30pm green drink Two bunches of Kale Greens, a whole lettuce, 2 small Celery Hearts, 5 small carrots, and coconut water. 8:00pm “Better Dead Red Drink” 5 sweet potatoes, 3 large Juicing Carrots, and a Beet root half of pineapple. Day Two: july,6Woke up…See More
Jul 6, 2011
Carol Buckel is now a member of Global Juice Feast
Jun 2, 2011
Hasna' Abdulmajid commented on Kierra's blog post Day 29 Hunger finally Gone
"I was curious as to what juices you used I notice for green juices alot of people mention celery but that is not easy to find where I am. Im wondering if i used greens like parsley, lettuce, green pepper,  spinach watercress if that would…"
May 31, 2011
Hasna' Abdulmajid updated their profile photo
May 31, 2011
Hasna' Abdulmajid updated their profile
May 31, 2011

Community by:

© 2017   Created by David and Katrina Rainoshek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service